[Solved] /proc/disk...

Notifications
Clear all

[Solved] /proc/diskstats disk time spent writing more than 1000ms*CPU-core-count per second

0 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
z0lupka Asks: /proc/diskstats disk time spent writing more than 1000ms*CPU-core-count per second
I'm interested in how could one interpret the results of procfs-diskstats. It looks like an API, but I see no exhaustive explanation in Internet or man pages or Linux kernel Documentation.

There is a file with a very concise description:

Code:
The /proc/diskstats file displays the I/O statistics
of block devices. Each line contains the following 14
fields:

==  ===================================
         1  major number
         2  minor mumber
         3  device name
         4  reads completed successfully
         5  reads merged
         6  sectors read
         7  time spent reading (ms)
         8  writes completed
         9  writes merged
        10  sectors written
        11  time spent writing (ms)
        12  I/Os currently in progress
        13  time spent doing I/Os (ms)
        14  weighted time spent doing I/Os (ms)
        ==  ===================================

And also iostats.rst with a few words more. But it's still hard to tell what exactly means f.e. this metric:

Code:
11  time spent writing (ms)

From iostats.rst:

Code:
Field 10 -- # of milliseconds spent doing I/Os (unsigned int)
    This field increases so long as field 9 is nonzero.

Since 5.0 this field counts jiffies when at least one request was
    started or completed. If request runs more than 2 jiffies then some
    I/O time might be not accounted in case of concurrent requests.

But when I watch this value per second on my 4-core CPU VM, this value growing(increments) by more than 100000 ms while copying f.e 4Gb file.
I can assume that HDD/SSD(SATA? Depends on bus?) could serve multiple CPU cores requests in parallel.
On 4-core CPU that means that 100000 ms increment in this counter represents HDD/SDD serving [at least 25 seconds on every CPU core's request] per second. Or 50 seconds on two cores (per second), or 100 second on 1 core (per second).

Common sense dictates that you cannot work more time per second than a second.

Related post: /proc/diskstats disk read time increasing more than second per second

Ten-tools.com may not be responsible for the answers or solutions given to any question asked by the users. All Answers or responses are user generated answers and we do not have proof of its validity or correctness. Please vote for the answer that helped you in order to help others find out which is the most helpful answer. Questions labeled as solved may be solved or may not be solved depending on the type of question and the date posted for some posts may be scheduled to be deleted periodically. Do not hesitate to share your response here to help other visitors like you. Thank you, Ten-tools.

Unreplied Posts

[Solved] Removing basic header/text elements from a theme

Juriaan Asks: Removing basic header/text elements from a theme
enter image description hereHey lads, I couldn’t figure this out myself so i figured i’d post this here. I’m building a site with elementor on wordpress. I am using the standard theme of 2021 wordpress. But how do i get rid of the huge text?

Ten-tools.com may not be responsible for the answers or solutions given to any question asked by the users. All Answers or responses are user generated answers and we do not have proof of its validity or correctness. Please vote for the answer that helped you in order to help others find out which is the most helpful answer. Questions labeled as solved may be solved or may not be solved depending on the type of question and the date posted for some posts may be scheduled to be deleted periodically. Do not hesitate to share your response here to help other visitors like you. Thank you, Ten-tools.

[Solved] Remove bounding box from metadata view

Antonio Asks: Remove bounding box from metadata view
I want to remove the spatial extent (bounding box) from all the metadata views because all I can see with my uploaded data is this:

Bounding box section

I tried to edit the ‘catalog/views/default/templates/recordView.html’ file by commenting the spatial extent section, but it didn’t work and I can’t figure out how the metadata views works. I guess that Angular has something to do with it, but I don’t know how to edit the scripts in order to remove this section from the metadata views. I’ve read the docs, but I couldn’t reach any conclusion about how to do it.

[Solved] Better algorithm than Convex-Hull to avoid overlapping polygones?

Casper b*ng Asks: Better algorithm than Convex-Hull to avoid overlapping polygones?
I want to draw polygones with no overlap, based on sets of points. If I use Convex Hull algorithm to deduce the boundary polygon, it’s pretty obvious that the resulting polygons WILL overlap. Is there a better algorithm; a way to includes vertices which are NOT to be overlapped?

I am using GitHub – Esri/geometry-api-java: The Esri Geometry API for Java enables developers to write custom applications for analysis of spatial data. This API is used in the Esri GIS Tools for Hadoop and other 3rd-party data processing solutions.

Two polygones and a set of points one polygone was derived from

[Solved] Do these fluorescents contain ballast and starters?

John21 Asks: Do these fluorescents contain ballast and starters?
I will probably buy some used fluorescent lamps to grow vegetables indoors for my project.

As I am aware fluorescent lamps need ballast and starter. I don’t have experience with fluoresent lamps and I don’t know if these used ones contain it as seen in picture.

I need to know what else will I need to make them work except cable and digital electric switch.

Edit:

I haven’t got more photos, I haven’t bought them yet, just looking at them in online marketplace.

Fluorescent lights

[Solved] MOSFETs for 30A motor control comparison

HansPeterLoft Asks: MOSFETs for 30A motor control comparison
We are currently develop a 30A continous BLDC motor controller, running on +48VDC. The first prototyp is running fine so far, but at 30A the controller goes hot pretty fast and needs a thermal current reduction (NTC onboard, triggering at 120°C (100°C over ambient) and reducing maximum current). The goal is to keep the maximum temperature without cooling at around 40-45°C above ambient.

Currently we are using these MOSFETs: BSC040N08NS5ATMA1 (https://www.infineon.com/dgdl/Infin…N.pdf?fileId=5546d4624ad04ef9014ae3065a7e2a05)

Now we are looking to switch to another MOSFET of the same package, but with less total losses, so far we found this type here: NVMFS6H800NL (https://www.onsemi.com/pdf/datasheet/nvmfs6h800nl-d.pdf)

So, the question is, what we can expect from a change of the MOSFETs in therms of losses. The RDSon goes down from maximum 7mOhm at 140°C to around 4.1mOhm at the same temperatur, so this should already make a huge part of the loss reduction. But now there are the switching losses and since Coss increases, the question is, what additional losses there will occur and how we can calculate them?

Specifications:

• 30A phase current
  • 6 MOSFET inverter stage
  • +48VDC input voltage (chopping at +55VDC, that is the reason for 80VDC break through voltage of the FETs)
  • 24kHz PWM für switching
  • Motor can be blocked, so the whole current can go through one phase the whole time in worst case

[Solved] How to simulate exponential voltage source in Falstad?

Steven Underhill Asks: How to simulate exponential voltage source in Falstad?
I am looking to simulate circuits on Falstad: http://www.falstad.com/circuit/circuitjs.html . One of the features on the website is the ability to add an external voltage source programmable with JavaScript (Can be found under the drop down toolbar > Inputs and Sources > Add External Voltage Source (Javascript)). How can I do this? Is there some documentation available?

[Solved] Verify Contact Email address. If Email is not present send an email to login user

KSL Asks: Verify Contact Email address. If Email is not present send an email to login user
I am looking for a specific requirement where I need to send an email login user whenever the user is creating a new Contact in Salesforce. If any contact exist with the same email Id, I need to send an email to login user and do not allow to create the contact.

I tried with a before insert trigger by searching in stack exchange and it allows me not to insert a new record with different email id.

I need help on how to sent a particular email template notification to login user with the details that I am entering while creation of Contact record.

Ex: If My contact details like,

Name: Smith Email: smith.k@gmail.com

Email should go as,

Hi Smith,

Below Email is does not exist in Contact records

Email: smith.k@gmail.com

Below is my code trigger.

Code:
trigger triggerOnContact on Contact (before insert) {
    final String errMsg = 'The Email is Not available in the Contacts ';
    Set< String > emailSet = new Set< String >();
    for( Contact c : Trigger.new ) emailSet.add( c.Email );
    Map< String, Id > duplicateContactMap = new Map< String, Id >();
    for( Contact c : [select Id, Email from Contact where Email = :emailSet] )
        duplicateContactMap.put( c.Email, c.Id );
    for( Contact c : Trigger.new ){
        if(!duplicateContactMap.containsKey(c.Email)){
            c.addError( errMsg);
        }
    }
}

Please help me how to implement the requested logic.. Thanks in advance

[Solved] Community login without redirecting user to Salesforce with SSO or OAuth

Onur Kucukkece Asks: Community login without redirecting user to Salesforce with SSO or OAuth
We are building a Drupal site for one of our customers.

Our customer wants to use the Salesforce self-registration and community login features for authenticating their customers to the CMS.

As far as I know these features use either SSO or OAuth. Our customer wants to have the self-registration and login pages in the CMS, without redirecting the users to Salesforce for some user experience purposes.

I was wondering whether this is possible because as far as I know you need enter your credentials in the authentication provider’s domain for both SSO and OAuth.

[Solved] Need solution for this Simple SOQL Query question [closed]

MaxBlack Asks: Need solution for this Simple SOQL Query question [closed]
I want to write a class to retrieve all the open cases related to an Account. And the class should have one method with account id as an input parameter and return list of cases.

Kindly help me here, I am new to SOQL, SOSL. Also, I will appreciate it if you explain the solution to me! Thanks in advance.

[Solved] Merging two lists into one

Rag21 Asks: Merging two lists into one
I have two different lists. A list of opportunities and a list of sales (Umsatz__c), the accountid appears in both lists. How can I merge these lists into one finallist at account level? This list should

Opp List

AccName​
ExpectedRevenue​
Amount​
A1​
5000​
10000​
B2​
500​
250​
A7​
10​
10​

Sales List

AccName​
BWS​
A1​
500​
B5​
-100​
H9​
25​

Final List

AccName​
ExpectedRevenue​
Amount​
Sales​
A1​
5000​
10000​
500​
B2​
500​
250​
250​
A7​
10​
10​
0​
H9​
0​
0​
25​

CLASS

Code:
public class VTPv1 {       
    Public List<AggregateResult> OppGroup {get; set;}
    Public List<AggregateResult> SalesGroup {get; set;}

public VTPv1() {          
        OppGroup    = [SELECT Account.Name AccName, Sum(ExpectedRevenue) Rev, Sum(Amount) Fin FROM Opportunity WHERE OwnerId = '005b0000001UAm4AAG' AND CloseDate = THIS_YEAR AND (IsClosed = false OR IsWon = true) GROUP BY Account.Name];
        SalesGroup  = [SELECT Einzelrisiko__r.Gruppenvertrag__r.Unternehmen__r.Name AccName, Sum(BWS_Brutto__c) BWS FROM Umsatz__c WHERE Berater__r.Id = '005b0000001UAm4AAG' AND Bewertungsmonat__c = THIS_YEAR GROUP BY Einzelrisiko__r.Gruppenvertrag__r.Unternehmen__r.Name];          
    }
}

VISUAL PAGE

Code:
<apex:page controller="VTPv1">        
    <apex:pageBlock title="Opportunities Group">
        <apex:pageBlockTable value="{!OppGroup}" var="oppg">  
            <apex:column value="{!oppg['AccName']}">
                <apex:facet name="header">Account Name</apex:facet>
            </apex:column>
            <apex:column value="{!oppg['Rev']}">
                <apex:facet name="header">Expected Revenue</apex:facet>
            <apex:column value="{!oppg['Fin']}">
                <apex:facet name="header">Amount</apex:facet>
        </apex:pageBlockTable> 
    </apex:pageBlock>           
    <br/>           
    <apex:pageBlock title="Sales Group">
        <apex:pageBlockTable value="{!SalesGroup}" var="salesg">  
            <apex:column value="{!salesg['AccName']}">
                <apex:facet name="header">Account Name</apex:facet>          
            <apex:column value="{!salesg['BWS']}">
                <apex:facet name="header">Sales</apex:facet>          
        </apex:pageBlockTable> 
    </apex:pageBlock>                
</apex:page>

Share: